How is my blogging year in 2021?
2020 and 2021 are the transition years from working from the office to working from home. Initially, I never imagined that I would have my own website and become a blogger in 2020. When I started this blog in June of 2020, I didn’t know what to expect. Along the way, I’ve met so many new people, and I appreciate all the love and support from my readers. Even in December 2021, I launched my second website, a blogging blog, Cappuccino Cushy.
2021 is a year full of new challenges and opportunities. I feel like I’ve found a groove with blogging. I like sitting down and planning my posts. I always look forward to what I will write every day I enjoy coming up with my own topics, but I also love writing on the same topic as others but with my own thoughts to share. My blog is starting to grow and some brands are also getting interested in working with me.
In 2021, I’ve stretched myself a bit, and I’ve enjoyed being a part of the blogging community and becoming more active in reaching out to some brands that I am interested to work with. I received lovely messages from brands and fellow bloggers that make me want to grow my blogs even more! I met wonderful bloggers through engaging and also bloggers of the month. Thank you so much for your support!
A lot of new experiences happened in 2021 and every lesson I learned I want to use to be even better in 2022!
It’s definitely not about the numbers for me. When I first started the blog I figured at least 1,000 views a month is already good! That being said, I find it interesting to see how things have progressed throughout the year.
As of yesterday:
- I wrote 153 posts in 2021
- 61, 667 pageviews in 2021
- 15, 569 visitors in 2021
- September 2021 has the highest viewership with 9.2k views
I realize some bloggers get that many views in a week, but it’s just fun to see the growth from 2020 to 2021. In 2020, I had 13,000 pageviews after 7 months of launching my blog (June – December 2020). It still blows my mind that people read, comment, and like my posts.
- Twitter: Since the beginning of launching my blog back in June, I always focus and engage more on Twitter every day. I have managed to get over 2,800+ followers in 2021. And would like to get over 5,000+ in 2022!
- Facebook: I don’t really focus on my Facebook page for the last months. But I will try my best to be more active in 2022. At the time of writing, I have 126 follow and am looking to hit 500+ in 2022.
- Instagram: I don’t use Instagram that much and I rarely promote my blog on my instagram. However, I tried to at least have 3-4 published in a month and interact more with fellow bloggers. As time of writing, I have 1,600+ followers, which is a double number from last year.
- Pinterest: I admit that I don’t use Pinterest as often as I was in 2020. I don’t find any motivation of creating fresh pins and more focus on creating valuable contents. I usually use Pinterest to find blog ideas or inpiration. Surprisingly, I keep getting traffic from Pinterest every day about 10-15 clicks. At time of writing, I have 300+ followers although this doesn’t generally lead to more views on Pinterest. I hope I can find my motivation back with Pinterest in 2022.
In 2021, my income mostly comes from working with brands, affiliate marketing, and advertising from bloggers. I have worked with several brands this year mostly from Intellifluence, Get Blogged, and pitching to brands.
For affiliate marketings, I promote valuable products from bloggers and get paid for the commission from Gumroad and Sendowl. And also manage to sell 15+ of my Pinterest templates this year.
For advertising for bloggers, thankfully this year I’m able to meet a lot of bloggers and help them to advertise their blogs and posts. Maybe not much, but for new bloggers who want to get more exposure, I’ll be more than happy to help them build their blog.
After deducting the PayPal fee, I managed to hit $2,800+ blogging income in 2021! A great number for a one-year-old blogger! Will keep working smarter to double it in 2022!
Blogging goals for 2022
I’m so grateful that this year I manage to make a steady income from my blog which I could use to grow my blog even more. I invest in some digital products and also launched my second blog – a blogging blog in December 2021.
It hasn’t been a month, but my second blog already hit DA 8! I’m beyond happy about that. I’d like to get DA 20+ for Cappuccino Cushy and DA 30+ for Monodreame by the end of 2022. Go for it!
Last year I participated in blogmas with 12 published posts and this year I finished blogmas with 25 posts! Wow! I really love it! Hope to participate again in 2022.
I hope in 2022 I can:
- Be more consistent with my blogging schedule and topics
- Manage with time with two blogs
- Finish rebranding Monodreame
- Improve my designing skills and creativity
- At least hit $400-$500 income every month
- Hit 100, 000 pageviews
- Get 7-10k views per month
- Hit DA 20-30 for both of blogs
- Find my motivation back with Pinterest
- More active in social media
- Help other fellow bloggers or small business owners with their business
- Stay positive during ups and downs situations
- Stay out from negative thoughts and not to compare myself with others
- Enjoy blogging more and more!
I hope this blogging year report gives new bloggers an insight into how hard this is. However, I also hope it isn’t enough to put you off. If there are any things you would like to know about then please let me know in the comments section below.
Remember to visit Cappuccino Cushy, a cozy blogging home for content creators to help build a profitable blog while at the same time also having a positive effect on their personal development. You will find a lot of blogging tips there for beginners to start their own websites. I will guide you there through my experience building my own small business website!
Thank you 2021! Welcome, 2022!