[A collaboration post – all thoughts are my own.]
Lately, I’ve been writing articles about motivation because I think apart from myself, there are still many people around me who need positive self-affirmations to stay motivated. Every now and then, there are days when you just need a little help. You can blame it on the weather, the horrible things that your friends/parents/colleagues said.
Sometimes, when I get a request to translate a document, there are still many who pay translators at unacceptable rates – even though I have sent a CV with my experience, price per word, etc. I was thinking, am I or other translators only appreciated this little? Are we being looked down upon because they think translating doesn’t have the same amount of responsibility as working in a hospital, working in a government office, or any other formal office job?
These negative thoughts will hold me down or affect my mood or the outcome of my day. So, to combat those not-so-great feelings, I curated a healthy list of positive self-affirmations to screenshot or write down so you can always come back to remind yourself just how amazing you are. The repetition of positive self-affirmations works overtime to reset our beliefs about ourselves.
After practicing these self-affirmations, I have come to respect myself more and more and reject so many translation projects that come to me at an unacceptable rate. In the past, I’d often accept these kinds of projects to add to my experience as a beginner – although it wasn’t too bad, at least they paid me on time. After all, you have the power to change your mind at any time.
How do I know if these self-affirmations works?
Each morning, select a few and say them out loud or write them down. If you experience negative emotions while saying it, then you know that it’s not working. However, if it brings you feelings of positivity, then you’ll notice the changes inside of you as a result of using these self-affirmations. Doing this will set the tone of your day and get you moving in a positive direction.
Pick one of these 30 self-affirmations and write it in your planner or repeat the ones that resonate most with you over and over!
30 Positive Self-Affirmations
- I am in the process of positive change.
- I am healthy, whole, and complete.
- My day begins and ends with gratitude.
- My life is a gift and I appreciate everything I have.
- I fully accept myself and know that I am worthy of great things in life.
- I surround myself with positive people who will help bring out the best in me.
- I choose not to criticize myself or others around me.
- The point of life is balanced, not perfection.
- I’m in charge of my life and no one will dictate my path beside me.
- I will not compare myself to strangers on the internet.
- My contributions to the world are valuable.
- I’m free to create the life I desire.
- I can choose to see the good.
- My body is perfect in the way it’s intended to be.
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
- What I have done today was the best I was able to do today. And for that, I am thankful.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.
- I am enough.
- My past might be ugly, but I am still beautiful.
- I feel more grateful each day.
- Today will be a productive day.
- I am a unique human being created perfectly.
- I am beautiful in body and mind.
- I am constantly growing and evolving into a better person.
- I am inspiring people through my work.
- I’m allowing myself to feel happy and peaceful today.
- What goes around comes around. Everything happens for a reason.
- I feel joy and contentment at this moment.
- You may encounter many defeats, but you should never regard them as permanent.
- I won’t let any negative self-talk ever ruin my day.
Personal development is all about never-ending dedication to keeping growing and getting better every day. It is a one-on-one game with yourself that never ends. Also, keep in mind that self-affirmations aren’t a science. Keep giving yourself the controls you want carrying out until you get results … and then keep going.