This post was most recently updated on September 19th, 2023
To find blog topics for your website or company, you need to follow a process and answer some questions. The following information will give you the insight you need to populate your blog with content your site visitors want to read.
Answer These Questions
When finding blog topics for your content, you need to consider the following first:
- Who are you writing for?
- What do they want to know? (You can find this out on social media)
- What topics are currently trending in your field?
- What do people search for regularly?
- What questions can you answer about your services or products?
- What is it about your product that makes it unique?
- Why does your service stand out among others?
All the above questions, when answered, can get you a stronger perspective about writing blog content and adding the appropriate keywords.
What Do the Other Bloggers in Your Field Write About?
You can also use a feed reader, like Feedly, or subscribe to specific blogs to see what is trending, or what is being published. Sign up for alerts from industry blogs so you don’t miss what is currently posted. Take some time out of your schedule to read the blogs yourself.
However, that does not mean you need to be on a constant quest for blog ideas. As noted, your readers will give you some much needed info as well. For enhanced efficiency, have the ideas filter your way through channels, such as social media, or through the comments generated on your blog.
You might also ask readers to give you an idea of what they would like to read. Get involved with your readership and the ideas will naturally come your way.
Repurpose Your Videos and Podcasts
If you produce YouTube videos or regularly podcast content, you can use a platform to repurpose the media into content for blogs. Platforms, such as repurpose.io, give you an edge in this respect. Use some of today’s technologies to make the repurposing of content easier.
Getting Customer Insights
When you get involved with your customer’s views and perspectives, you will start to gain insights that will create a stream of blog ideas. In return, you will achieve the following:
- Actual buyer insights about meaningful subjects – to them
- A measure of what to expect when competing in the marketplace
- Information about advertising for maximum returns
- Inspiration from top-performing content and videos
- A strategy for developing further blog ideas
- The ability to identify gaps in your current content
You should never feel in the dark when you are seeking blog ideas. By identifying with your customer’s needs and concerns, you will gain immediate access to insights that can answer readers’ questions and fuel your blog with ongoing ideas for content.
Finding blog topics is an instrumental part of SEO. Get acquainted with your audience so they, in turn, can also get better acquainted with your company’s products and services.
If you enjoyed this post, you might like 8 Steps Updating Old Posts To Increase Your Traffic or What Is The Average Blog Post Length?