This post was most recently updated on August 14th, 2023
Imagine with just a few sentences and a bit of work, you could;
- motivate yourself
- boost your confidence
- achieve better health
- improve your quality of life
- encourage better relationships
- set your self up for success
Would you do it? Because that’s exactly what daily affirmations do. So what exactly are affirmations?
Affirmations are powerful statements that we believe (or want to believe) to be true. They allow you to consciously control your thoughts. So, when you say or think them, they become the thoughts that shape your reality.
People have become more confident, outgrown their fears, achieved more because of affirmations.
An example of this is that let’s say you’re scared of spiders. You tell yourself, ‘I’m scared of spiders.’ and/or ‘I hate spiders, they scare me’. And you tell this to yourself again and again. This manifests into reality, and now when you see a spider, you feel scared. You told your brain, that you’re scared of spiders, so your brain caused your entire body to react with fear.
But luckily for us, we can use this for positive effects. huffpost.com says “Affirmations can be a powerful tool to help you to change your mood, state of mind and manifest the change you desire in your life.”
So, use these affirmations to change your life.
(PS. Affirmations aren’t quick-fixes and need consistency. But if you use them consistently use them, you’ll start to see the positive effects affirmations can have.)
These are affirmations, you want to repeat daily. They are quite generic and are similar to goal affirmations. I use daily affirmations to start the day and go into a certain mindset. Like achieving a goal, or my attitude. Here are a few:
- I am worthy.
- I love being me.
- Amazing things are going to happen.
- I am proud of myself
- I can make it through anything.
- I am strong and healthy.
These affirmations spark powerful and motivated mindsets, which encourage you to work harder. Sometimes we need a push, and that’s what these affirmations are here for.
- I don’t sweat the small stuff.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.
- I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet.
- My presence is my power.
- I am successful in whatever I do.
- There are no limits to what I can achieve.
I’ll be talking about making tailored goal affirmations later in this post. These are generic goal affirmations, similar to daily ones.
- I can handle anything that comes my way
- I am limitless and anything is possible.
- I am financially prospering every day.
- I’m full of great ideas to accomplish my goals.
- Opportunities always find me at the right time.
- I am creating an amazing life for myself.
Affirmations are a great way to boost your confidence and love towards yourself.
- I will always be there for myself.
- I love myself more every day.
- I choose to stop apologizing for being me.
- I am worthy of good things.
- I love and stand by myself, as I am.
Make Your Own Affirmations
Making your own affirmations isn’t that hard actually. I for one thought it would be difficult, but then I realized it’s pretty easy. Here are some areas of your life in which you would like to create your own affirmations.
Your Best Qualities
Confidence is knowing your best qualities and improving in others. Let’s say you’re a great artist you could make these affirmations.
- I’m a wonderful artist, and I’m becoming better every day.
- I am worthy of [something related to art] because my art is amazing.
- I’m becoming an amazing [something else your working on], just like I’m a great artist.
These are the ones that I got off the top of my head, but reminding yourself of your best qualities boosts your confidence. Try saying these every day, and see the difference in your attitude towards art and others.
If one of your best qualities is a characteristic trait such as generosity, loyalty, kindness, determination, honesty. You can also create affirmations off of them. For example on determination,
- I am strong, confident, and determined.
- I choose to work hard and stick to achieving my goals.
- I am a determined person and will put in the work to achieve the life I want.
A Change You Want To Make
Affirmations like said before, are a wonderful way to manifest the change in your life. And are easily customizable. Start with
- “I want to…”
- “I will…”
- I will accomplish (this) by doing (this).
- I have the power to make a change in my life and will do that by…
- I will start positive change in my life by…
These types of affirmations are great for baby step changes, and working toward a goal. For example, when I wanted to work on my fitness goals I said:
- I will become fitter by exercising almost every day.
- I will become stronger by lifting weights and doing toning exercises.
- I believe in, trust, and have confidence in myself.
Visualization affirmations range in meaning. Like where you want to be next month, next year, or in the next five years. Or how you’re life will be after a certain event and/or achievement. Here are a few examples, which you can alter to your visualizations.
- My blog will gain more visitors, and it will be successful.
- Next year I want to be happy with my fitness level.
- By next month, my grades will increase because I’ll study/pay attention/work more.
- After my birthday, I will try to be kinder to myself.
- After I get this award, I’ll be a magnet for new opportunities.
Please feel free to substitute your own goals and visualizations, and I would love to read them in the comments!
While these are quite similar to visualizations, they’re more specific. As before, tailor these affirmations to your life.
- I will learn (…) by (a certain time)
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I have the courage to accomplish (…)
- I have the power to create change.
Well, these 8 different types of affirmations will surely help change your life for the better. There are about 50 affirmations in this post, and I hope you use them!
Let me know if you have any affirmations you love, I’m always looking to add more to my list. And if you’re having trouble creating your own, my social media links are down below. Feel free to contact me 🙂
And while you’re saying these affirmations, why not use this FREE 30-day self-growth calendar.
Hey, I’m Sejal! I help people on their journey to become the best versions of themself. My blog the lazy gal is about self-improvement and has guides, tips, and much more. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook, don’t hesitate to say hi! Read my newest post here.