If you’re in the fortunate position to consider buying a new home, you might be questioning whether you are ready to commit to such a huge purchase. It’s so normal to have cold feet because home ownership is a massive step to take in life.
The good news is that owning your own home can be one of the most rewarding experiences that you ever have in life, and if you are ever in that position to go ahead and buy a house, you should do it!
The best thing that you can do if you are having questions about it is to really decide why you should become a homeowner in the first place. From the process of buying land and building a house to decorating and furnishing the entire thing, you need to consider the pros more than you do the cons.
Whether you build or buy already standing, we’ve got all of the reasons that you should choose to become a homeowner.
- You get so much freedom. When you are a homeowner, you’re not beholden to the wishes of a landlord. You don’t have to worry about other people making decisions about your living space, and you don’t have to consider whether you are ‘allowed’ to paint the walls bright pink with purple spots. If that’s what you want to do, you can absolutely do that!
- You get the chance to have some stability. Most people choose to buy a house because they don’t have to be kicked out of a rental because the owner wants their house back one day. When you own your own home, no one else is coming in unless you have given the go ahead, and you can keep the house for as long as you live, too.
- There’s no surprise rent increases. If you are opting for a fixed-rate mortgage, you are choosing to have predictable payments to make. There’s no surprise changes and issues that will come about because your landlord wants more money. You can keep your costs the same and you can guarantee that your costs will be reliable. You need some of that if you want your home ownership to work well.
- You have no choice but to save. When you own your own home, you are forced to save some money for the unexpected costs. You have to put money aside for your home to be well managed. What if the boiler breaks down? You need to handle that cost! You’re the one in charge of it all, which means that you pay easier costs and are no longer worrying about paying more than you need to.
- You can get some good tax deals. There are currently things that you can do to ensure that you get tax breaks on your home. Check with your local government websites to see whether you can get sorted for tax on your new house.
- You have something to pass the kids. One day, you may want to hand something down to your children. A house is a good option.